Setting up a Wix Account
This article walks you through setting up your Wix account and other basic features of the Wix platform.
Creating Your Wix Account
- Sign-up using your email address, setting a secure password.
- Press the “Create new site” button to enter a questionnaire that will match the right templates to your current needs. Feel free to just make up answers for now, to see what tools are available for you. But if you have a great idea, go for it!
- Select the “Choose a template” option to go with the Wix Editor. The other tool, ADI, is great for setting up websites quickly, but the Wix Editor gives additional customizability and matches the curriculum of this course.
Starting Your First Project
The Wix Editor contains hundreds of stunning, customizable elements that you can use to create your site. Choose from images, text, shapes, strips and more to make your site interesting and beautiful!
Working with Elements
- Click Add on the left side of the Editor to start adding elements.
- Select an element and click the Settings, Design, Layout or Animate icons to customize it. Depending on the element selected, you will see different customization options.
Learn More on Codecademy
Code FoundationsInterested in learning how to code, but unsure where to start? This is the path for you!
Includes 5 Courses