Code Foundations ArticlesArticles are more in-depth explanations about concepts covered in Codecademy courses. Here you'll learn more about workflows that developers use every day, and take your coding skills to the next level.
- This article covers the design concepts of affordances and signifiers as well as some of their applications in web design.
Affordances, Signifiers, and ClickabilityCode Foundations, HTML & CSS, Web Design, Web Development
- Like vectors, the array is a data structure used in C++ to store a sequential collection of elements. Unlike vectors, its size cannot be changed.
ArraysC++, Code Foundations
- This article provides an overview of servers, databases, routing, and anything else that happens between when a client makes a request and receives a response.
Back-End Web ArchitectureCode Foundations, Game Development, Web Development
- C++ is a strongly typed language.
Basic Data TypesC++, Code Foundations
- Getting started with the command line
Command Line InterfaceBash/Shell, Code Foundations, Computer Science, Developer Tools
- In this article will go over some mistakes that are easy to make when writing more complex programs with conditionals.
Common Mistakes with ConditionalsCode Foundations, PHP
- Use the tools on your own computer to start your own HTML/CSS project!
Create Your First HTML/CSS ProjectCode Foundations, HTML & CSS, Web Design, Web Development
Data Structure APIsCode Foundations, Computer Science, Web Development
- Never fear losing work with this professional versioning system
Git Setup for Mac and Windows ComputersBash/Shell, Code Foundations, Game Development, Mobile Development, Web Development
- Learn what code review is an how to perform one
Giving and Receiving Code ReviewCode Foundations
- Learn how to participate in peer feedback opportunities to improve your code and collaboration skills.
Giving and Receiving Project FeedbackCode Foundations
- An introduction to the Web's most popular error
HTTP Errors: 404Code Foundations, Web Development
- Understand the basics of how your web browser communicates with the internet.
HTTP RequestsCode Foundations, Computer Science
- Learn how to search and use the Mozilla Developer Network documentation
- This article guides learners through comparing their code to the solution code, and maximizing learning through this process.
Learning from Solution CodeCode Foundations, Web Development
- Logic and problem-solving scenarios that aren't related to writing code.
Logic ProblemsCode Foundations
- App organization explained
MVC: Model, View, ControllerCode Foundations, Web Development
- Get started on conditionals, functions, and scope, which are all universal programming concepts.
Overview of Conditionals, Functions, and ScopeCode Foundations
- Learn about what pair programming is and how to run your first pair programming session
Pair Programming: What It Is, Why People Use It, and How You Can Learn To Pair ProgramCode Foundations
- Red, green, refactor
Red, Green, RefactorCode Foundations, Game Development, Web Development
- Expand the possibilities of what your program can do with objects.
Represent Everyday Things with ObjectsCode Foundations, Computer Science, Web Development
- Guide for navigating a Rails app with static pages.
Request-Response Cycle ICode Foundations, Computer Science, Ruby, Web Development
- Navigate your operating system like a professional programmer
Setting Up Command LineBash/Shell, Code Foundations, Computer Science, Developer Tools
- In this article we break down the science of spaced repetition of practice
Spaced Repetition of PracticeCode Foundations
- This article explains how errors in your code aren't a bad thing, but rather an opportunity to learn. Additionally, it provided several steps to identify and fix these errors.
Thinking About Errors in Your Code DifferentlyCode Foundations, Web Development
- Use arrays to keep track of your data in an orderly fashion.
- A brief introduction to VR and the different ways to experience this course. 😎
VR Headsets & BrowsersCode Foundations
- Learn about the different types of chatbots and how they work.
What are ChatbotsCode Foundations, Data Science, Machine Learning
- We'll be exploring the topic of databases and their usage.
What is a Database?Code Foundations, Computer Science, Game Development, Mobile Development, SQL, Web Development
- Learn about databases and how they can be used when building applications.
What is a Database?Code Foundations, Computer Science, Mobile Development, SQL, Web Development
- Learn about the Integrated Development Environment, an application that makes programming easier!
What Is an IDE?Code Foundations, Developer Tools, Web Development
- Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) are the four basic functions that models should be able to do, at most.
What is CRUD?Code Foundations, Mobile Development, Web Development
- A brief guide to understanding JSON and its use cases.
- Programming is a collaboration between humans and computers.
What is Programming?Code Foundations, Computer Science, Web Development
- Just finish a piece of Codecademy content? Here are recommendations on what to do next in your coding journey.
What's Next?Code Foundations
- Learn how developer teams work and how you can work collaboratively with others to build a project.
Who Does What on a Developer Team (and How They Work)Code Foundations
- Learn what data structures are, why they are useful, and how you can use them effectively.
Why Data Structures?Code Foundations, Computer Science
- Why has object-oriented programming become a major programming paradigm?
Why Object-Oriented Programming?Code Foundations, Computer Science, Web Development