Web Design ArticlesArticles are more in-depth explanations about concepts covered in Codecademy courses. Here you'll learn more about workflows that developers use every day, and take your coding skills to the next level.
- How the learning experience is accessible for learners
Accessibility on the PlatformWeb Design, Web Development
- Enhancing A Web Experience To Be More Accessible
Accessibility—Developing LocallyWeb Design
- This article covers the design concepts of affordances and signifiers as well as some of their applications in web design.
Affordances, Signifiers, and ClickabilityCode Foundations, HTML & CSS, Web Design, Web Development
- Learn how to make your sites work across all browsers and browser versions
Browser CompatibilityDeveloper Tools, HTML & CSS, Web Design, Web Development
- Use the tools on your own computer to start your own HTML/CSS project!
Create Your First HTML/CSS ProjectCode Foundations, HTML & CSS, Web Design, Web Development
- This article describes the characteristics of effective user personas, and how they can be used to guide teams to make product decisions that match the needs of the users.
Creating User PersonasWeb Design
- Programming reference for CSS covering Comments, Properties, and Selectors
CSS GlossaryHTML & CSS, Web Design
- Learn about how programs have both a positive and negative impact on personal privacy as well as social and ethical implications.
Data and Personal Privacy & the Ethical and Social Implications of Computing SystemsWeb Design
- Learn about color considerations in your visual design.
Design - ColorWeb Design, Web Development
- Eye-tracking studies can show how users consume content online and help designers create compelling layouts.
How Users Scan: Learning from Eye Tracking ResearchWeb Design, Web Development
- A short guide on when and when not to use inline CSS styles in HTML.
Inline Styles in HTMLHTML & CSS, Web Design
- This article explains how to interpret common analytics used to understand the users and measure the success of a website.
Interpreting Website AnalyticsWeb Design
- Learn the core stages of the design process, potential activities, and the why behind the methods of your design counterparts.
Intro to Product Design ProcessWeb Design
- This article provides an introduction to user centered design.
Introduction to User Centered DesignWeb Design
- Create favicons, Crop and Resize Images, and Convert Between File Types
Managing Assets and IconsHTML & CSS, Web Design
- Learn how to work with color in Seaborn and choose appropriate color palettes for your datasets.
Seaborn Styling, Part 2: ColorPython, Web Design
- This article explains how to set up and use a screen reader in order to think critically about the accessibility of the websites that you're building.
Setting Up and Using Screen ReadersWeb Design, Web Development
- This article provide an introduction to SWOT analysis, a tool for strategic planning.
SWOT AnalysisWeb Design
- In this article, we'll take a close look at selecting typeface for site design, and we'll explore how we can utilize fonts to convey content and tone.
Typography DesignHTML & CSS, Web Design, Web Development
- This article explains how user research is used to inform design decisions and introduces some common methodologies of user research.
Understanding User ResearchWeb Design
- Article about how users do not read websites.
Users Don’t Read Web PagesWeb Design, Web Development
- This article covers common UI conventions.
Web UI ConventionsWeb Design, Web Development
- This article explains what user stories are and how they can be used to promote user-centered design thinking.
What is a User Story?Web Design
- In this article, you'll learn about digital accessibility and why it is important to incorporate aspects of digital accessibility into websites.
What is Digital Accessibility?HTML & CSS, Web Design, Web Development
- In this article, you'll understand product usability by learning about five critical components of usability: learnability, efficiency, memorability, errors, and satisfaction.
What is Product Usability?Web Design, Web Development
- Learn how to build a wireframe for a website or app and why this is an important step in development
WireframingWeb Design, Web Development
- In this project, you'll explore wireframing techniques as you design the main screen for Unquote, an Android game that challenges users to correct confabulated quotes found on the Internet! Why? Because “[t]he truth is rarely pure and never simple” - Mickey Mouse. You tell ‘em, Mickey!
Wireframing The Unquote GameWeb Design
- Learn how to add interactivity to your Wix site, target specific customers, and increase engagement using Wix's easily customizable Wix lightbox element
Wix LightboxWeb Design, Web Development