Well done! Let’s test the intent confirmation.
Test intent confirmation
- Go to the Test tab to open the Alexa Simulator.
- You are testing that your Interaction Model confirms the intent after the
videoTypeslots have been elicited/confirmed. As you did before, enter a phrase that does not specify the genre, like:
ask video match to find me a video -- or -- ask video match to give me a recommendation
- Alexa should elicit the genre by saying: “what genre would you like. You can say action, comedy, horror, or drama”
- Respond with a genre.
- Alexa should confirm the genre by saying something like: “so you’re looking for the action genre, correct?” or “You said action, right?” (This varies with the genre you provided in step 4).
- Confirm the genre.
- Alexa should elicit the video type by saying: “what type of video would you like. you can say movie or tv show”
- Respond with a video type.
- Alexa should confirm the intent by saying something like: “so you’re looking for an action movie, right?” (This varies on the slot values provided earlier).
If Alexa confirmed the intent, then your Interaction Model passes the test!
If Alexa did not respond as expected, the test failed…Don’t despair! You can go back through the previous exercises to make sure that you followed the steps exactly. If that doesn’t work, make sure that you don’t have any other skills in your Developer Console with the same invocation (“video match”).
Follow along with the steps above and the video to test for intent confirmation.