One of the most effective ways to identify and communicate trends in data is through data visualization. In Excel, we can create a wide variety of visualizations in the same sheets we’ve been using for data storage and analysis. In this lesson, you’ll learn to visualize data by
- using conditional formatting to visually explore the values in tabular data
- creating column charts and pie charts to compare the sizes of categories
- creating histograms and scatterplots to visualize numeric data
- creating line charts and sparklines to identify trends in data
- using Excel’s recommended chart type feature to easily explore different possible visualizations
Each exercise will come with an Excel spreadsheet for you to download. The spreadsheet will give you instructions to practice what you’ve learned, explore customization options, and check your answers.
Ready to get started? Select