Well done! Control flow is a fundamental concept in programming, and learning the basics will serve you wherever your path leads, regardless of language or domain. In review:
- Control flow is the order in which instructions are executed.
- Control structures alter control flow in a program. You learned three structures, each suited for a different scenario:
- Conditional: “if some condition is met, then do X. Otherwise, do Y”.
- Loop: “do something Z number of times” or “do something repeatedly until some condition is met”.
- Exception: “do steps A, B, C. If an error occurs, stop, and do steps J, K, L”.