Congrats! Now you know the building blocks of most programming languages and should start to have an idea about the types of simple programs that you could write.
In this lesson, we learned:
- Categorizing information using data types is a way for a computer to distinguish different types of input.
- Primitives are the simplest data types and are shared across many programming languages. They include:
- Numbers — values that allow us to do calculations and keep count.
- Strings — a sequence of characters or symbols often used to denote text.
- Booleans — logical values that represent the idea of true or false.