Well done! Functions are a fundamental concept in programming, and learning the basics will serve you wherever your path leads, regardless of language or domain. To review:
- A function is a sequence of instructions that performs a specific task, packaged as a unit.
- When we define a function, we specify the instructions, inputs, and name of the function.
- When we call a function, all of its instructions are executed.
- Functions can be executed many times, making its instructions reusable.
- Functions can have parameters, which accept input values, making its instructions flexible.
- Functions organize a program into distinct units, making interchanging and editing them easier. This makes your entire program organized and modular.
Make sure you’re comfortable with the above concepts before moving on!