Congratulations! We have learned so much about monitoring systems. Let’s review what we’ve covered:
- Monitoring is the practice of collecting metrics to gain insights on our systems.
- Insights into our systems tell us about its health and problems.
- We can tie our business objectives to metrics with SLAs, SLOs, and SLIs.
- Alerts should be sent out for customer facing issues requiring immediate attention.
- We can use monitoring tools to aggregate and visualize our system insights.
- Observability is the degree to which our monitoring helps us solve system problems.
- A high-quality monitoring system allows us to better diagnose and resolve system issues!
Monitoring is critical to applying DevOps in any organization. Start gaining system insights with monitoring today!