Now that we understand how to save and retrieve information in the DynamoDB database, let’s take a look at how DynamoDB stores these session attributes.
View DynamoDB Tables
- Navigate to the AWS DynamoDB dashboard to see your new table and session attributes data.
- You can see this table when you click on tables in the sidebar.
- Click on the name of the table, CodecademyFlashcards, to bring up more information.
- To check out the session attributes, click on the items tab, then on userid
- Change the format from tree to text to see all of your saved attributes!
As you can see, DynamoDB stores session attributes as a JSON object.
Watch the video to see how you can visit your DynamoDB table and watch your session attributes change!