In Exercise 4, you came up with unique utterances that map to your skill’s “HelloIntent”. Some of your utterances may include “hello”, “how are you”, “howdy”, and “what’s up”.
It’s time to put your planning to use by building your first interaction model.
If you are not there already, go to the Build tab of the Skill Builder Dashboard.
Follow the instructions to create your “HelloIntent”:
- Inside the Skill Builder Dashboard, click on the Add button in the Intents section on the left side of the page.
- Choose Create custom intent, and type in “HelloIntent” in the text box next to it.
- Press enter or click on Create custom intent button
Congratulations, you’ve just created your first intent!
Add Sample Utterances
Follow the steps below to map a few sample utterances to your “HelloIntent”:
- With HelloIntent selected on the left side bar, type in the sample utterances one by one — hi, hey, hello, how are you, pressing enter after each one. Feel free to add more utterances if you like.
- Click Save Model on the top navigation bar.
- Click Build Model on the top navigation bar (this might take a few minutes to complete).
You have now built your first Voice User Interface (VUI). We are ready to link this to our backend — programming logic that produces a response to our user.
The video to the right walks you through the steps required to build your interaction model.