Great job! You just learned about numerical data types and how to work with numerical data in a few different ways:
- Use arithmetic operators to write expressions.
- Combine operators together to write more concise programs.
- Use the modulo operator (
%) to find remainders.
- Use built-in methods to do more complex math.
- Use documentation to look new things up.
Now that you know a few ways of working with numbers, try writing some small programs that use what you learned in this lesson. Some ideas:
- Write a program that calculates compound interest
- Write a program that finds your age in dog years
What other program ideas can you come up with?
Time for some practice! Use the code editor to play around with what you learned in this lesson. If you’re not sure what to do, try one of the extensions above!