Circuit Playground: Part 1
Here are some of the great goodies baked into each Circuit Playground Express. (No need to memorize these.)
- 10 x NeoPixels, able to display any color.
- Green “On” LED, to show its powered.
- Red “D13” LED, for basic blinking.
Buttons & Switch:
- 2 x Push buttons, labeled A and B.
- Reset button.
- Slide switch.
- Mini speaker, with class D amplifier (7.5mm magnetic speaker/buzzer).
- Light sensor (phototransistor). This can also act as a color sensor and pulse sensor.
- Temperature sensor (thermistor).
- Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection).
- Sound sensor (MEMS microphone).
- 7 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs and the 1 remaining is a true analog output.
- ATSAMD21 ARM Cortex M0 Processor, running at 3.3V and 48MHz.
- 2 MB of SPI Flash storage, used primarily with CircuitPython to store code and libraries.
Power & Data:
- MicroUSB port for programming and debugging. (The USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick or MIDI!)
- JST Battery Input, at the bottom of the board.
Alligator/Croc Clip Pads:
- 8 alligator-clip friendly input/output pins.
- Includes I2C, UART, 8 pins that can do analog inputs, multiple PWM output.
Infrared Receiver/Transmit & Proximity:
- Infrared receiver and transmitter, can receive and transmit any remote control codes. This means you can communicate with TVs and other household devices to control them, as well as send messages between MULTIPLE Circuit Playground Expresses.