Excellent work! You’ve completed the final lesson on variables and learned the fundamentals of numbers in Kotlin. Let’s review what was covered.
- The arithmetic operators supported by Kotlin include
- Augmented assignment operators include an arithmetic and assignment operator used to calculate and reassign a value in one step.
- The increment operator includes two consecutive plus operators,
++, used to add 1 to a value and reassign the result.
- The decrement operator includes two consecutive minus operators,
--, used to subtract one from a value and reassign the result.
- The order of operations includes parentheses, multiplication, division, modulus, addition and subtraction.
Mathlibrary is inherited from Java and contains various mathematical functions for use in a Kotlin program.
Feel free to utilize the empty Review.kt file and output terminal on the right to hone your understanding of numbers and practice writing Kotlin code.
Click Up Next when you’ve completed the review.