Congrats on finishing your first R lesson!
Here’s a summary of some of the concepts you’ve learned:
- R is a powerful statistical programming language with a large community of data enthusiasts.
- You can calculate arithmetic with R and it will follow the normal order of operations
- Data types allow us to classify different pieces of information.
- You can store that information inside of variables
- You can use conditional statements and operators to introduce logic to your code
- You can call a function in R by using the
()and passing in the correct arguments
- R programmers have published lots of useful packages that specialize in different tasks, which are all available for you to use in your programs after you install them.
We hope you’re as excited as we are about the possibilities of analyzing data now that you know some of the basics of programming with R.
Click next when you’re ready!