Creating easy-to-use apps is hard but important. When you create a complicated app, users might get frustrated and stop using your app. There are a few techniques to keep your app easy to use, like using existing navigational patterns. By reusing these navigational patterns, users may navigate from screen to screen without having to learn how your app works.
In this lesson, we will cover:
- Fundamentals of navigation
- Three common navigation patterns: stack, tab, and drawer
- Implementing basic patterns with
- Implementing a more complex structure with nested navigation
- Implementing a basic authentication flow
Take a look at the Codecademy Go app to the right, which is built with Expo and React Native. What navigation elements do you see on this screen?
Hint: What do you expect to happen when you click the icons at the bottom of the screen?