Congratulations! You should now have a general understanding of how the internet works, including:
- The growth of the internet as a network
- The difference between the internet and the world wide web
- The relationship between browsers and servers
- HTTP status codes, like 404 Not Found
- Big trends in web development, from static websites to Web 2.0 and the rise of mobile
If you work with engineers, this information will help you talk about websites and web applications at a more technical level. Or if you’re interested in becoming a web developer yourself, you now have the important context to start building your own website or web application!