Let’s take a minute to review what we’ve covered about linked lists in this lesson.
- Are comprised of nodes
- The nodes contain a link to the next node (and also the previous node for bidirectional linked lists)
- Can be unidirectional or bidirectional
- Are a basic data structure, and form the basis for many other data structures
- Have a single head node, which serves as the first node in the list
- Require some maintenance in order to add or remove nodes
- The methods we used are an example and depend on the exact use case and/or programming language being used