0 points
Submitted by jacob87
almost 9 years

How can I type curly braces?

My keyboard do not include curly braces, how can I deal with that? is there an other symbol i could use or any shortcut i can take instead of doing every time copy and paste?

Answer 50b7d8516793e0e18d0000b7

0 votes


What type of computer/keyboard setup do you have? There are several ways in which you could type curly braces.

If it is a windows keyboard you can do (alt+123) for ‘{‘ and (alt+125) for ‘}‘. On a Mac the shortcuts are (shift + alt + 8) for ‘{‘ and (shift + alt + 9) for ‘}‘.

There is also the onscreen keyboard, and you could even change the key bindings, although I think just knowing the alt functions would be easiest. If you find yourself really needing to type braces a lot, then you might want to change the bindings a bit and set a key you don’t use to the key you need.

Let me know if there are any other questions you have about this! :3

Submitted by Luke Pettway
almost 9 years