This forum is now read-only. Please use our new forums at

1450 points
532fda61282ae3da8e00929d 632319352
Submitted by
Yoo Young Ko
about 6 years ago

"|", How can I type it?

"|" It was not "L", not " l " (Korean word sounds E such as 싸"이" ; PS"Y")
How can I type it from my keyboard?

What said,

  1. Shift-\ ("backslash").
  2. German keyboard it is on the left together with < and > and the Alt Gr modifier key must be pressed to get the pipe.
  3. Note that depending on the font used, this vertical bar can be displayed as a consecutive line or by a line with a small gap in the middle.
  4. If nothing else helps, you can create this character (or any character) via its numeric ASCII code. For the pipe, this code is 124.

Hold down the ALT key
Enter 1,2,4 on the numeric keyboard (you might need to activate it via the Num toggle key)
Release the ALT key
And voila -- nice |

5.BTW, some Mac users report that on their keyboards you can obtain the | character by simultaneously pressing "ctrl", "alt" and "<".

And it didn't work. I'm copying and pasting until now.
Please save this illiterate.

0 votes


On a standard QUERTY keyboard it's usally below the Esc-key and above Tab on the left side.
On the Mac keyboard try alt + 7, or shift + alt + L.

837 points
517a7b6090a7f48177002df0 18105879
Submitted by
about 6 years ago

1 Comment

532fda61282ae3da8e00929d 632319352 Yoo Young Ko almost 6 years ago

Thank you for your kindness! They don't work on my keyboard either :(