0 points
Submitted by Otto van Zanten
over 6 years

Offline Version

Hey,

The site is being a little buggy at the moment. 95% of the time it’s perfect and I love the site and the course, but the other 5% it forgets my progress, won’t show me if I had it correct so I have to go to the main site and start over, or the submit button is just broken.

Also sometimes it lets me pass while the screen shows me an error and no hint about what I did wrong. So then I switch to Python software on my pc, I try a few things, I switch back to find out that it’s having troubles. So that gets old quickly as I usually don’t have a lot of time when I’m doing this course and sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to work. I really like the idea of this site and again I love it, but it’s just not stable enough for me despite my extremely stable connection, my otherwise bug-less browser and my fresh Windows install.

So yeah I’d just rather have this all on paper and mess with the Python software. It would save a lot of time and I’d be happy to pay a few bucks for it.

Otto van Zanten

Answer 55305c4f937676e91f0004b7

1 vote

Permalink

Not likely to happen though.

You can navigate freely between exercises, including skipping ahead, by clicking the exercise number, or clicking “Python” in the top left from an exercise. And you can copy the URL of where you left off, that could be hard to remember to do though I suppose.

Codecademy’s strong suite is making programming easily available and its weakness is that there’s nobody around to polish and maintain it.

Programming comes with lots of situations where you get stuck and have no idea what’s causing it, I don’t think there’s any way around that right now, sometime in the future perhaps. The trick is to not make any bad assumptions, recheck ones expectations, isolate the problem.

points
Submitted by Jonatan
over 6 years

1 comments

Otto van Zanten over 6 years

Too bad, thanks for the quick reply!