OWASP Top 10: Cryptographic Failures
Learn about cryptographic failures, what they are, and how to prevent them.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
OWASP Top 10: Cryptographic Failures covers the second of the 2021 OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks. In this course, we will explore what cryptographic failures are and learn how to identify and prevent them from our system.
Skills you'll gain
Explain cryptographic failures
Identify failures in a program
Remediate program failures
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start OWASP Top 10: Cryptographic Failures today!
Looking for something else?
ResiliencyThis article introduces practices for making systems that continue to perform under adverse conditions.
Cryptographic AttacksLearn about attacks and techniques that bypass cryptography.
Growth Mindset & CybersecurityIn this article, you will learn how and why the growth mindset is advantageous to cybersecurity professionals.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
OWASP Top 10: Security Logging and Monitoring FailuresYou will learn about Security Logging and Monitoring Failures, what are they, and how to prevent them.< 1 hour
- Free course
OWASP Top 10: Identification and Authentication FailuresYou will learn about Identification and Authentication Failures, what are they, and how to prevent them.< 1 hour
- Free course
OWASP Top 10: Injection AttacksYou will learn about some critical injection attacks; shell injection attacks, email header injection attacks, and SQL injection attacks.1 hour
Browse more topics
- Code Foundations13,219,674 learners enrolled
- For Business9,753,225 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,444,730 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,878,519 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,789,101 learners enrolled
- Python4,534,218 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,100,178 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,901,157 learners enrolled
- IT3,858,394 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.