OWASP Top 10: Insecure Design
Learn about insecure design, what it is, and how to prevent it.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
OWASP Top 10: Insecure Design covers the fourth of the 2021 OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks. Unlike other categories that deal with more specific vulnerability types, Insecure Design focuses more on the root cause. In this course, we will explore what insecure design is and learn how to identify and prevent it from our system.
Skills you'll gain
Describe insecure design
Identify insecure design
Resolve design insecurities
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start OWASP Top 10: Insecure Design today!
Looking for something else?
Weak ConfigurationsLearn about weak configurations and the dangers they pose to computers and networks.
What are UI and UX Design?Understand the differences between User Interface (UI) design and User Experience (UX) design.
Introduction to User Centered DesignThis article provides an introduction to user centered design.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Visual DesignVisual design organizes elements into a cohesive whole and supports usability. Learn basic visual design principles to build more aesthetic digital products.2 hours
- Free course
OWASP Top 10: Injection AttacksYou will learn about some critical injection attacks; shell injection attacks, email header injection attacks, and SQL injection attacks.1 hour
- Free course
OWASP Top 10: Server Side Request ForgeryYou will learn about Server-Side Request Forgery, what it is and how to prevent it.< 1 hour
Browse more topics
- Code Foundations13,232,515 learners enrolled
- For Business9,761,571 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,457,642 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,887,772 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,799,040 learners enrolled
- Python4,542,297 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,108,237 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,910,097 learners enrolled
- IT3,867,128 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.