OWASP Top 10: Server Side Request Forgery
You will learn about Server-Side Request Forgery, what it is and how to prevent it.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary<1 hour
Prerequisites2 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with OWASP Top 10: Server Side Request Forgery:
- Learn Python 3
- Learn Flask
About this course
OWASP Top 10: Server Side Request Forgery covers the 2021 OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks, server-side request forgery. In the 2017 OWASP Top 10, server-side request forgery was not in the top 10 vulnerabilities and now was added in 10th place in the 2021 OWASP Top 10. In this course, we will explore what is server-side request forgery and learn how to identify and prevent it from our system.
Skills you'll gain
Describe what is server-side request forgery.
Identify server-side request forgery in an application.
Prevent server-side request forgery in an application.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start OWASP Top 10: Server Side Request Forgery today!
Looking for something else?
Web Application AttacksIn this article, we go over attacks against web applications.
HTTP Requests in VeloExpand your website’s capabilities by using "wix-fetch" to make various HTTP requests.
Back-End Web ArchitectureThis article provides an overview of servers, databases, routing, and anything else that happens between when a client makes a request and receives a response.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
- Free course
OWASP Top 10: Broken Access ControlYou will learn about Broken Access Control, what it is and how to prevent it.< 1 hour
- Free course
Learn Node.js: Setting Up a ServerBuild an HTTP server using Node.js to facilitate the connection between a client and a server.2 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,890,921 learners enrolled
- Cybersecurity159,199 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,236,722 learners enrolled
- For Business9,764,330 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,461,938 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,802,369 learners enrolled
- Python4,544,985 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,110,936 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,913,069 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.