API Development with Swagger and OpenAPI
Why Learn API Development with Swagger and OpenAPI?
Are you getting a handle on building APIs and are ready to take your skills to the next level? Well, dive into exploring API development with open-source Swagger tooling and the OpenAPI standard. This course primarily focuses on exploring the design and documentation stage of the API development lifecycle and will help you create APIs that users will love working with.
In this course you will learn:
- A foundational knowledge of the API development lifecycle
- A deeper understanding of the design and documentation phases of the API development lifecycle and their associated best practices.
- How to design human-readable API contracts using OpenAPI 3.0 and YAML.
- To utilize open-source Swagger tooling to design, develop, and document an API.
Note on Prerequisites:
While it is not explicitly required, it would also be beneficial if you have built an API in the past and know foundational REST API concepts. If you are not sure where to start, check out one of the following courses:
Built in partnership with
- 1Learn about what the Welcome to API Development with Swagger and OpenAPI course has in store!
— Madelyn, Pinterest
I know from first-hand experience that you can go in knowing zero, nothing, and just get a grasp on everything as you go and start building right away.
Learn how to develop APIs using Swagger tooling and the OpenAPI specification.
Earn a certificate of completion
1 hour to complete in total
2 articles, 1 quiz