Introduction to Big Data with PySpark
See how big data is used across different industries and learn how to work with big data using PySpark!
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary4 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
This course is an introduction to the underlying concepts behind big data with a practical and hands-on approach with PySpark. Big data is everywhere, and touches data science, data engineering, and machine learning. It is becoming central to marketing, strategy, and research. This course covers the applications and implications of big data on finance, social media, health, and medicine. PySpark makes it easy to start analyzing big data, making the potential of big data accessible to anyone who knows Python.
Syllabus2 lessons • 2 projects • 3 quizzes
Introduction to Big Data with PySpark course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Introduction to Big Data with PySpark today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Principles of Data LiteracyDiscover the world of data in this fully conceptual course where you will learn how to think about, visualize, and analyze data.3 hours
- Career path
Data Scientist: Analytics SpecialistData Analysts and Analytics Data Scientists use Python and SQL to query, analyze, and visualize data — and communicate findings.Includes 22 CoursesWith Professional Certification70 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,529,956 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,784,044 learners enrolled
- Data Engineering3,538,446 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,896,552 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,212,883 learners enrolled
- For Business9,748,895 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,437,922 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,873,620 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,095,913 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.