Time to completeApprox. 1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Are you feeling confused about where to aim for with your career goals? Not sure of the difference between frontend, backend, or data science pathways? This course aims to resolve those concerns! At the end of the course, learners will have a clearer understanding of popular coding career options.
Skills you'll gain
Considering factors when picking a career
Comparing career paths such as web development, data science, and cybersecurity
Choosing a Career in Tech
This module seeks to guide you toward picking a career pathway that fits your needs.
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Choosing a Career in Tech course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Introduction to UI and UX DesignGet started with User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design and learn how to wireframe and prototype using Figma.Beginner Friendly2 hours
- Free course
Choosing a Programming LanguageThis course will introduce learners to factors to consider when picking a first language as well as describe some popular options.Beginner Friendly< 1 hour
- Free course
How to Choose a Linear Regression ModelLearn about the differences between different regression models and how to decide which one to use.Intermediate1 hour
Browse more topics
- Code Foundations12,500,334 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,141,233 learners enrolled
- For Business9,515,799 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,627,028 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,570,970 learners enrolled
- Python4,366,001 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,947,922 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,728,722 learners enrolled
- IT3,693,958 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.