Learn Complex Data Structures
Discover and design new data structures that follow abstract rule-based systems by building out graphs, hash-maps, and heaps.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary7 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites2 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Complex Data Structures:
- Linear Data Structures
- Learn Python 3
About this course
These data structures use a layer of abstraction to make specific operations much more straightforward. They’re designed as solutions for problems that don’t require linear iteration, but have more nuanced requirements.
Syllabus8 lessons • 3 projects • 7 quizzes
Projects in this course
BlossomUse a Hash Map with a separate chain of Linked Lists to store the language of flowers. For every flower, save its meaning with Blossom!
Choose Your Own Adventure: Wilderness EscapeWrite an interactive Choose Your Own Adventure game using the Tree data structure.
Maze ExplorerThis project uses the graph data structure to navigate a maze!
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Complex Data Structures today!
Looking for something else?
What is Python?What is Python, and what can it do?
Programming in Python on a ChromebookThis article will teach you how to run Python code on Chromebooks so you can do off-platform Python projects on your Chromebook.
Installing Python 3 and Python PackagesLearn how to install Python packages and download Python 3 with Anaconda and Miniconda on Mac and Windows.
Related courses and paths
Learn Data Structures and Algorithms with PythonLearn what data structures and algorithms are, why they are useful, and how you can use them effectively in Python.With Certificate26 hours
- Skill path
- Skill path
Pass the Technical Interview with JavaLearn about the computer science concepts of data structures and algorithms and build implementations of each from scratch in modern Java.Includes 8 CoursesWith Certificate19 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,536,495 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,448,262 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,223,128 learners enrolled
- For Business9,755,284 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,880,841 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,791,767 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,102,481 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,903,605 learners enrolled
- IT3,860,812 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.