Computer Architecture: Instruction Set Architecture
Learn about how your computer’s hardware and software communicate using Instruction Set Architecture.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Computer Architecture: Instruction Set Architecture:
- Computer Architecture: Introduction
About this course
Continue your Computer Architecture learning journey with Computer Architecture: Instruction Set Architecture. Learn about Instruction Set Architecture (ISA), the first and fundamental level in overall computer design theory. Then dive into CISC and RISC, the two primary ISA designs.
Instruction Set Architecture
Learn about instruction set architectures and how they fit into the topic of computer architecture.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Computer Architecture: Instruction Set Architecture today!
Looking for something else?
The Instruction CycleLearn about the different stages an instruction goes through in order to be processed by the CPU.
Training Set vs Validation Set vs Test SetThis article teaches the importance of splitting a data set into training, validation and test sets.
Entity-Component-SystemWhat is the ECS architecture? And how does A-Frame use it?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Computer Architecture: Parallel ComputingLearn how to process instructions efficiently and explore how to achieve higher data throughput with data-level parallelism.1 hour
- Free course
Computer Architecture: IntroductionLearn about the basics of computer architecture and work with binary numbers and logic gates.2 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,457,642 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,232,515 learners enrolled
- For Business9,761,571 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,887,772 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,799,040 learners enrolled
- Python4,542,297 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,108,237 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,910,097 learners enrolled
- IT3,867,128 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.