Build Connect Four Using Python
Put your Python knowledge to the test by creating a fully interactive Connect Four game!
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary<1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
In this course, the project is front and center. You’ll start with the final product in mind and complete all the steps necessary to build it over three modules. You’ll build your project entirely on your own, with tips, lessons, and resources provided to help you along the way.
Create Connect Four
Let’s build a fully interactive Connect Four game using Python!
Projects in this course
Connect Four Part 1: Creating The BoardWelcome! In this portion of the project, we will focus on building our Connect Four board. We'll think about how to represent the board and then how to display it to the user.
Connect Four Part 2: Interacting With The BoardIn part two of our Connect Four project, we will focus on making some functions that allow the user to interact with the board.
Connect Four Part 3: Determining The Winner And Playing The GameIn Part 3 of our Connect Four project, we're going to accomplish two tasks: determining if a player has won the game, and setting up a loop to play the game until the game has ended.
Build Connect Four Using Python course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Build Connect Four Using Python today!
Looking for something else?
Connecting Page Elements to a DatasetIn Wix, you can display and gather content with page elements and datasets. When these items are in place, you can easily make the connection between your database and the pages on your site.
How to Push Your App to App Store ConnectLearn how to build your App into a real software file, and then transfer that file to App Store Connect.
How to Use MidjourneyLearn how to generate images with Midjourney.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn User Research: GenerativeLearn how to plan and conduct user research, analyze user data, and share research insights by creating a research report.1 hour
- Skill path
Intro to Machine LearningExplore linear regression, multiple linear regression, classification, and more in this introduction to the basics of Machine Learning.With Certificate15 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,532,293 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,216,713 learners enrolled
- For Business9,751,337 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,441,649 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,876,488 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,786,833 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,098,222 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,899,068 learners enrolled
- IT3,856,330 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.