Connecting Front-End to Back-End (Beta)
Why Connecting Front-End to Back-End?
Joining the front-end and back-end in a full-stack application is essential in providing a seamless user experience and a smooth deployment process. Learn how to connect the two to gain a powerful skill, become a better web developer, and improve your understanding of how web apps work. In this course, you’ll learn about the various methods for rendering a website, how to structure a REST API, and how to design apps using the Model, View, Controller (MVC) pattern. You’ll also practice what you’ve learned by building a client-side rendered app using React and Node.js.
In this course, you will learn:
- The difference between client-side rendering and server-side rendering and when each is most appropriate
- How to write code that enables the front-end and back-end of your web application to communicate with each other
- How to design a RESTful API
- How to use React and Node to build a cleanly structured, client-side rendered application
- How to implement MVC architecture in a full-stack application
Note on Prerequisites
Codecademy courses have been taken by employees at
— Madelyn, Pinterest“I know from first-hand experience that you can go in knowing zero, nothing, and just get a grasp on everything as you go and start building right away.”