Connecting Front-End to Back-End
Learn how to join the front-end and the back-end by creating REST APIs and using the MVC architecture.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary<1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites5 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Connecting Front-End to Back-End:
- Learn HTML
- Learn CSS
- Learn React
- Learn Node.js
About this course
Joining the front-end and back-end in a full-stack application is essential in providing a seamless user experience and a smooth deployment process. Learn how to connect the two to gain a powerful skill, become a better web developer, and improve your understanding of how web apps work. In this course, you’ll learn about the various methods for rendering a website, how to structure a REST API, and how to design apps using the Model, View, Controller (MVC) pattern. You’ll also practice what you’ve learned by building a client-side rendered app using React and Node.js.
Syllabus1 lessons • 2 projects • 2 quizzes
Connecting Front-End to Back-End course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about Connecting Front-End to Back-End
Front-end development involves building the part of a website that you see and interact with in your browser, including buttons, forms, interfaces, menus, etc. It also includes accessibility features like voice recognition and text-to-speech.
Join over 50 million learners and start Connecting Front-End to Back-End today!
Looking for something else?
Setting Up a BackendThe backend is an important part of any website. It's where long-term data is stored, and where code is executed to handle interactions between your website and it's visitors. Wix has conveniently added the ability to control certain aspects of the backend with web modules.
MVC: Model, View, ControllerApp organization explained
MVC Architecture for Full-Stack AppBuild the connections between the Model, View, and Controller of an expense tracker application.
Related courses and paths
- Career path
Full-Stack EngineerA full-stack engineer can get a project done from start to finish, back-end to front-end.Includes 51 CoursesWith Professional Certification150 hours
- Free course
Learn Flask: FundamentalsBuild your first Flask app, a web framework that allows you to build fully-featured web applications using Python.2 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,899,584 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,248,491 learners enrolled
- For Business9,772,007 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,474,701 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,811,391 learners enrolled
- Python4,552,416 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,118,359 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,921,246 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.