Defending Node Applications from SQL Injection, XSS, & CSRF Attacks
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Defending Node Applications from SQL Injection, XSS, & CSRF Attacks:
- Learn Node.js
About this course
Web applications are constantly under threat. From malicious threat actors to curious teenagers, malicious code or hacking attempts are coming from every angle. Using the OWASP Top 10’s list of the most critical security risks to web applications as a guide, you can protect your users, and yourself, from threats to your Node.js applications.
Syllabus3 lessons • 3 projects • 5 quizzes
Projects in this course
Codey's Confectionery: Preventing SQL Injection AttacksPractice using prepared statements and form validation to prevent SQL injection attacks.
Restreview: Preventing Cross Site Scripting (XSS) AttacksSecure an Express application from Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Attacks!
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Defending Node Applications from SQL Injection, XSS, & CSRF Attacks today!
Looking for something else?
Web Application AttacksIn this article, we go over attacks against web applications.
Setting Up Node LocallyLearn how to download Node on your local machine, so you can use the powerful Node.js runtime from your own computer.
Related courses and paths
Learn to Prevent Cross-Site Scripting with Node.jsLearn how to identify and prevent different types of Cross-Site Scripting attacks in Node.js apps.With Certificate1 hour
Learn to Prevent SQL Injections with Node.jsLearn how to identify and defend against SQL Injections in Node.js applications.With Certificate< 1 hour
- Free course
Learn About CSRF AttacksLearn how to identify and the ways to prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery Attacks from a system.< 1 hour
Browse more topics
- Cybersecurity157,745 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,208,440 learners enrolled
- For Business9,745,904 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,433,466 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,870,187 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,780,681 learners enrolled
- Python4,527,212 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,093,219 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.