How to Deploy a Website
Learn how to publish a website to the Internet with Jekyll, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and GitHub Pages.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Deploying—or pushing new code to a server—is an integral part of a developer’s daily workflow. Knowing the relationship between your computer (including your local development environment) and the Internet, as well as how to communicate between the two, is essential for every developer.
How to Deploy a Website course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about How to Deploy a Website
Before a website goes live, it’s coded in a development environment where developers can make tweaks and changes and ensure that everything operates as it should. Once it’s finished, the code is uploaded (or deployed) to a live environment, where people can find and interact with it on the internet.
Join over 50 million learners and start How to Deploy a Website today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
How to Make a Website with NameCheapExplore HTML & CSS fundamentals as you build a website in this introductory web development course.4 hours
- Career path
Front-End EngineerFront-end engineers work closely with designers to make websites beautiful, functional, and fast.Includes 34 CoursesWith Professional Certification115 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,894,208 learners enrolled
- HTML & CSS3,738,749 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,241,029 learners enrolled
- For Business9,767,260 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,466,776 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,805,686 learners enrolled
- Python4,547,662 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,113,622 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.