Discrete Math: Binary and Bases
Learn about binary, octal, decimal, and hexadecimal bases and how to conduct conversions to and from each one.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Discrete Math: Binary and Bases:
- Discrete Math: Sequences and Summations
About this course
Continue your Discrete Math learning journey with Discrete Math: Binary and Bases. Dive into binary, octal, decimal, and hexadecimal number bases and learn how to conduct conversions to and from various bases. Binary, or base 2, is the underlying representation of numbers for all modern computers.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Discrete Math: Binary and Bases today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
How to Implement Search Algorithms with PythonFinding the data you are looking for in a data set is an important skill: get started with two common approaches.With Certificate2 hours
- Free course
Computer Architecture: IntroductionLearn about the basics of computer architecture and work with binary numbers and logic gates.2 hours
- Free course
Learn Advanced Data Structures with Python: TreesLearn how to use tries and binary indexed trees for efficient search implementations.1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,544,985 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,461,938 learners enrolled
- Math87,910 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,236,722 learners enrolled
- For Business9,764,330 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,890,921 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,802,369 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,110,936 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,913,069 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.