Time to completeApprox. 1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Discrete Math: Congruences:
- Discrete Math: Sets and Set Operations
About this course
Continue your Discrete Math learning journey with Discrete Math: Congruences. Learn the definition of congruences, the properties they contain, and the procedures for solving them. Learn about the Chinese Remainder Theorem and how you can apply it to systems of congruences. Use Python to code a Caesar cipher, one of the simplest use cases for congruences.
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
Training Set vs Validation Set vs Test SetThis article teaches the importance of splitting a data set into training, validation and test sets.
The Dangers of OverfittingLearn about how to recognize when your model is fitting too closely to the training data.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Discrete Math: Sets and Set OperationsLearn about sets and set operations and their relevance to computer science.Beginner Friendly1 hour
- Skill path
Learn CLearn about the C programming language in this beginner-friendly skill path.Includes 6 CoursesWith CertificateBeginner Friendly10 hours
- Free course
Discrete Math: Binary and BasesLearn about binary, octal, decimal, and hexadecimal bases and how to conduct conversions to and from each one.Beginner Friendly1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,370,707 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,148,398 learners enrolled
- Math83,348 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,507,358 learners enrolled
- For Business9,519,948 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,632,034 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,576,737 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,952,070 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,733,558 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.