Discrete Math: Counting Theory
Learn about counting theory and its relevance to computer science, and dive into the pigeonhole principle.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary<1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Discrete Math: Counting Theory:
- Discrete Math: Permutations and Combinations
About this course
Continue your Discrete Math learning journey with Discrete Math: Counting Theory. Learn about the important rules of counting theory, some interesting patterns, and the application of counting theory in computer science. Use Python sets to represent and solve various counting problems.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Discrete Math: Counting Theory today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
Learn Color DesignLearn how to use color effectively to create attractive and useable websites!With Certificate2 hours
- Free course
Discrete Math: Sets and Set OperationsLearn about sets and set operations and their relevance to computer science.1 hour
- Free course
Learn Phaser.js: Animations and VisualsMake your Phaser game stand out visually using animations and camera effects.2 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,527,212 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,433,466 learners enrolled
- Math87,565 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,208,440 learners enrolled
- For Business9,745,904 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,870,187 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,780,681 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,093,219 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,893,495 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.