Time to completeApprox. 10 hours
Certificate of completionYes
About this course
In this course, you will learn about exploratory data analysis techniques in Python, including:
- EDA for data preparation
- Summary statistics
- Data visualization techniques
- EDA prior to building a machine learning model
Prior to taking this course, you should have some knowledge of base Python and experience with pandas DataFrames.
Exploratory data analysis is an important part of any Data Scientist or Analyst’s workflow, so we highly recommend this course for anyone who is interested in working with data.
Syllabus5 lessons • 5 projects • 3 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
EDA: Diagnosing DiabetesInspect, clean, and validate a dataset on diabetes prevalence among females of Pima Indian heritage.
Exploring Student DataSummarize the features of a dataset about student performance at two different schools.
A/B Testing for ShoeFly.comAnalyst the A/B test data from ShoeFly.com using aggregate measures.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.Chris Codecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.Rodrigo Codecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-Andrew Codecademy Learner @ USA