Exploratory Data Analysis in Python
Learn how to use exploratory data analysis (EDA) techniques in Python to evaluate, summarize, and visualize your data.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary6 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
In this course, you will learn about exploratory data analysis techniques in Python, including:
- EDA for data preparation
- Summary statistics
- Data visualization techniques
- EDA prior to building a machine learning model
Prior to taking this course, you should have some knowledge of base Python and experience with pandas DataFrames.
Exploratory data analysis is an important part of any Data Scientist or Analyst’s workflow, so we highly recommend this course for anyone who is interested in working with data.
Syllabus5 lessons • 5 projects • 3 quizzes
Projects in this course
EDA: Diagnosing DiabetesInspect, clean, and validate a dataset on diabetes prevalence among females of Pima Indian heritage.
Exploring Student DataSummarize the features of a dataset about student performance at two different schools.
A/B Testing for ShoeFly.comAnalyst the A/B test data from ShoeFly.com using aggregate measures.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about Exploratory Data Analysis in Python
You need to understand your data before you can put it to good use. Exploratory data analysis (or EDA) involves familiarizing yourself with a new dataset. Generally you’re just looking for a broad understanding and insights into possible patterns and relationships within the data.
Join over 50 million learners and start Exploratory Data Analysis in Python today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Career path
Data Scientist: Analytics SpecialistData Analysts and Analytics Data Scientists use Python and SQL to query, analyze, and visualize data — and communicate findings.Includes 22 CoursesWith Professional Certification70 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
- Free course
Choosing a Career in TechAre you feeling confused about where to aim for with your career goals? Take this course to learn about different career options!< 1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,521,185 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,773,222 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,886,895 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,198,737 learners enrolled
- For Business9,739,276 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,423,561 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,863,104 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,087,334 learners enrolled
- IT3,844,437 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.