Getting Started with Python for Data Science
Work hands-on with real datasets while learning Python for data science.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary7 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Ready to start your journey into Data Science? This course covers everything you need to build a solid foundation in best practices and workflows. You’ll get hands-on practice with real datasets while learning to program and analyze data in Python. Throughout the course, you’ll be working in Jupyter Notebook, an industry standard platform for interactively developing data analytics.
Skills you'll gain
Explore and summarize real datasets
Sort and filter datasets to find relevant data to answer real data questions
Transform raw data into analytics-ready datasets
Syllabus3 lessons • 3 projects • 3 quizzes
Projects in this course
Getting Started with Python for Data Science course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Getting Started with Python for Data Science today!
Looking for something else?
What is Python?What is Python, and what can it do?
Installing Python 3 and Python PackagesLearn how to install Python packages and download Python 3 with Anaconda and Miniconda on Mac and Windows.
Programming in Python on a ChromebookThis article will teach you how to run Python code on Chromebooks so you can do off-platform Python projects on your Chromebook.
Related courses and paths
How to Clean Data with PythonLearn the basics of regular expressions and how to pull and clean data from the web with Python.With Certificate3 hours
- Career path
Business Intelligence Data AnalystBI Data Analysts use Python and SQL to query, analyze, and visualize data — and Tableau and Excel to communicate findings.Includes 18 CoursesWith Certificate50 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,544,985 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,802,369 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,913,069 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,236,722 learners enrolled
- For Business9,764,330 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,461,938 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,890,921 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,110,936 learners enrolled
- IT3,870,052 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.