Time to completeApprox. 2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
While it is can be easy to make a model, the real science comes in choosing which model best fits your problem, and tuning your model to be just right. This course is an introduction to tools, techniques, and best practices for choosing a linear regression model and how to report your choices.
Choosing a Linear Regression Model
Learn how to choose the best linear regression model for a particular research question.
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about How to Choose a Linear Regression Model
A linear regression model is a type of predictive model we use to understand and illustrate data and the relationships within them.
Looking for something else?
Introduction to Regression AnalysisThis article is a brief introduction to the formal theory (otherwise known as Math) behind regression analysis.
What is Scikit-Learn?Open-source ML library for Python. Built on NumPy, SciPy, and Matplotlib.
The Machine Learning ProcessLearn the general structure of how to approach Machine Learning problems in a methodical way.
Related courses and paths
Learn Linear Regression with RLearn about the difference between simple linear regression and multiple linear regression in RWith CertificateIntermediate3 hours
- Free course
Simple Linear RegressionLearn how to fit and interpret linear regression with a single predictor variableBeginner Friendly2 hours
- Free course
Machine Learning: Introduction with RegressionGet started with machine learning and learn how to build, implement, and evaluate linear regression models.Beginner Friendly3 hours
Browse more topics
- Data Science5,574,259 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,731,593 learners enrolled
- Math83,280 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,504,472 learners enrolled
- For Business9,518,168 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,145,442 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,629,762 learners enrolled
- Python4,368,657 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,950,424 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.