Hypothesis Testing with Python
Learn how to plan, implement, and interpret different kinds of hypothesis tests in Python.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary6 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
In this course, you’ll learn to plan, implement, and interpret a hypothesis test in Python. Hypothesis testing is used to address questions about a population based on a subset from that population. For example, A/B testing is a framework for learning about consumer behavior based on a small sample of consumers.
This course assumes some preexisting knowledge of Python, including the NumPy and pandas libraries.
Syllabus6 lessons • 6 projects • 3 quizzes
Projects in this course
Heart Disease Research Part IInvestigate risk factors for heart disease using descriptive statistics and hypothesis tests.
Heart Disease Research Part IIInvestigate risk factors for heart disease using descriptive statistics and hypothesis tests.
A/B Testing at Nosh Mish MoshNosh Mish Mosh is a food startup with a cool new idea. Help them make data driven decisions by analyzing their user base.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about Hypothesis Testing with Python
After drawing conclusions from data, you have to make sure it’s correct, and hypothesis testing involves using statistical methods to validate our results.
Join over 50 million learners and start Hypothesis Testing with Python today!
Looking for something else?
Software Testing MethodologiesLearn about software testing methodologies and some specific strategies that use a test-first approach to software development.
Pen TestingIn this article, you’ll learn about penetration testing: What it is, how it works, and why organizations hire people to break into their own networks.
Introduction to Testing with Mocha and ChaiThis article provides a high-level overview of unit testing, why tests are important, and what the Mocha and Chai frameworks provide.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Hypothesis Testing: Experimental DesignLearn how to set up experiments to both address research questions and weigh the trade off between resources and errors.1 hour
- Free course
Hypothesis Testing: AssociationsLearn how to use hypothesis testing to evaluate the associations between different variables.1 hour
- Free course
Hypothesis Testing: Significance ThresholdsLearn how to evaluate statistical significance and the best thresholds to use.1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,544,985 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,802,369 learners enrolled
- Math87,910 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,236,722 learners enrolled
- For Business9,764,330 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,461,938 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,890,921 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,110,936 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,913,069 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.