Time to completeApprox. 5 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Statistics with NumPy:
- Learn Python 3
About this course
NumPy is a popular Python library that will help you calculate large quantities and common descriptive statistics without writing these functions from scratch. These courses also teach the fundamentals of statistical distributions that can be used to describe datasets.
Syllabus3 lessons • 3 projects • 3 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Betty's BakeryHelp Betty figure out how much she needs to buy using NumPy arrays describing her recipes.
Election ResultsSee how survey responses compare to actual election results using binomial distributions.
CrunchieMunchiesUse NumPy to solve statistical questions about a cereal dataset.
Learn Statistics with NumPy course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
Introduction to Pandas and NumPypandas and NumPy are very useful libraries in Python. Let's learn how to use them!
What is Scikit-Learn?Open-source ML library for Python. Built on NumPy, SciPy, and Matplotlib.
Creating a Word Cloud With PythonLearn how to use various Python libraries to create, mask, and display a word cloud with contents from a text file.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Fundamental Math for Data ScienceBuild the mathematical skills you need to work in data science.Includes 8 CoursesWith CertificateBeginner Friendly12 hours
- Skill path
Analyze Financial Data with PythonLevel up in financial analytics by learning Python to process, analyze, and visualize financial data.Includes 6 CoursesWith CertificateBeginner Friendly27 hours
- Skill path
Master Statistics with PythonLearn the statistics behind data science, from summary statistics to regression models.Includes 9 CoursesWith CertificateIntermediate26 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,370,504 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,576,443 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,507,297 learners enrolled
- For Business9,519,819 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,148,285 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,631,662 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,952,070 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,733,421 learners enrolled
- IT3,698,501 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.