Learn Statistics with NumPy
Learn about NumPy, a Python library used to store arrays of numbers, organize large amounts of data, and perform statistical calculations.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary4 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Statistics with NumPy:
- Learn Python 3
About this course
NumPy is a popular Python library that will help you calculate large quantities and common descriptive statistics without writing these functions from scratch. These courses also teach the fundamentals of statistical distributions that can be used to describe datasets.
Projects in this course
Betty's BakeryHelp Betty figure out how much she needs to buy using NumPy arrays describing her recipes.
Election ResultsSee how survey responses compare to actual election results using binomial distributions.
CrunchieMunchiesUse NumPy to solve statistical questions about a cereal dataset.
Learn Statistics with NumPy course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Statistics with NumPy today!
Looking for something else?
Introduction to Pandas and NumPypandas and NumPy are very useful libraries in Python. Let's learn how to use them!
What is Scikit-Learn?Open-source ML library for Python. Built on NumPy, SciPy, and Matplotlib.
Creating a Word Cloud With PythonLearn how to use various Python libraries to create, mask, and display a word cloud with contents from a text file.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Fundamental Math for Data ScienceBuild the mathematical skills you need to work in data science.Includes 8 CoursesWith Certificate12 hours
- Skill path
Analyze Financial Data with PythonLevel up in financial analytics by learning Python to process, analyze, and visualize financial data.Includes 6 CoursesWith Certificate27 hours
- Skill path
Master Statistics with PythonLearn the statistics behind data science, from summary statistics to regression models.Includes 9 CoursesWith Certificate26 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,529,956 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,784,044 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,212,883 learners enrolled
- For Business9,748,895 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,437,922 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,873,620 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,095,913 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,896,552 learners enrolled
- IT3,853,835 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.