Intro to Data Visualization with Python
Learn how to use Matplotlib to clarify your data with meaningful charts and other data visualizations.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary3 hours
About this course
Ready to start your journey into Data Visualization with Python? In this course, you will learn how to use Matplotlib to turn raw data into meaningful visualizations.
Skills you'll gain
Create line, bar, and pie charts
Create scatterplots and histograms
Customize charts aesthetically
Annotate charts with error bars and text
Learn to make effective, customized data visualizations in Python with Matplotlib.
Projects in this course
Make the Other Charts: Silly's Ice Cream Shop ProjectMake visualizations (bar chart, pie chart, scatterplot, and histogram) to answer questions about sales data. Enhance the charts with parameters like error bars, AB lines, and subplot configuration.
Make a Line Chart for ResearchMake a line chart with matplotlib to visualize precipitation data in six locations around the world.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Intro to Data Visualization with Python today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Analyze Data with PythonLearn to analyze and visualize data using Python and statistics.Includes 7 CoursesWith Certificate12 hours
- Free course
Data Visualization with Python: SeabornTurn pandas DataFrames into publication-ready visualizations using Seaborn.2 hours
- Career path
Business Intelligence Data AnalystBI Data Analysts use Python and SQL to query, analyze, and visualize data — and Tableau and Excel to communicate findings.Includes 18 CoursesWith Certificate50 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,536,495 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,791,767 learners enrolled
- Data Visualization456,951 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,223,128 learners enrolled
- For Business9,755,284 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,448,262 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,880,841 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,102,481 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,903,605 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.