Intro to Generative AI
Dive into the many forms of generative AI and learn how we can best use these new technologies!
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary<1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Artificial Intelligence is a fast-evolving field of technology that lets computers simulate human functions, such as learning and problem-solving. A subset of AI that’s been gaining traction recently is generative AI, which specializes in creating new content, be it text, images, audio, or videos. Take this course to learn about the different types of generative AI using interactive applets!
Skills you'll gain
Understand what generative AI is
See the different types of generative AI
Study the ethics of using generative AI
Projects in this course
Intro to Generative AI course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- Codecademy's "Introduction to Generative AI" course was a fantastic experience. It provided a clear and accessible introduction to the world of generative AI, leaving me eager to continue exploring this fascinating field further.Justin W.Verified Learner
- This course effectively explains chat AI, image AI, and video AI. Further more, where it gets its data from and how it is presented. This course is useful for whomever doesn't fully understand how it works.Yad H.Verified Learner
- I recently had the opportunity to explore the "Introduction to Generative AI" course on Codecademy, and I must say that it exceeded my expectations in terms of content, presentation, and overall learning experience. This course is a fantastic gateway for anyone interested in diving into the fascinating world of generative artificial intelligence.Jeath U.Verified Learner
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about Intro to Generative AI
Generative AI (artificial intelligence) is a fast-evolving branch of AI that specializes in creating new content, be it text, images, audio, or videos.
The 6 Rules of Writing Effective AI Prompts
From learning new programming languages to creating marketing campaigns, there are tons of ways AI can make your job easier. But getting good results hinges on writing good prompts.
A good prompt gives a large language model (LLM) a starting point to figure out what to create, says Ada Morse, a Senior Instructional Designer at Codecademy. Prompt engineering is the art of designing prompts that result in the most effective output from AI models. Ahead, Ada breaks down some of the basics of AI prompt writing. These are general guidelines that will help optimize your results no matter what you’re working on. For a more in-depth look at prompt engineering, check out our Prompt Engineering for Marketing course.
Join over 50 million learners and start Intro to Generative AI today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Unit Testing with Generative AI Case StudyUse generative AI to help create a unit test for Python code. Generative AI can generate unit tests for all of the functions of a Python class.< 1 hour
- Free course
Intro to AI StrategyLearn the basics of responsible AI use and how to navigate some of the most common AI risks and drawbacks.< 1 hour
- Free course
Pair Programming with Generative AI Case StudyUse generative AI for pair programming by teaming up with an AI system to generate Python code in the driver-navigator style of pair programming< 1 hour
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,478,353 learners enrolled
- AI2,722,754 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,251,925 learners enrolled
- For Business9,774,156 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,901,964 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,813,954 learners enrolled
- Python4,554,617 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,120,570 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,923,548 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.