Intro to GitHub Copilot
Learn how to use GitHub Copilot to streamline your workflow and expedite your development.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary<1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Intro to GitHub Copilot:
- Learn Git & GitHub
About this course
In today’s fast-paced and fast-evolving world of software development, staying productive can be a daunting task. Fortunately, GitHub Copilot can help! GitHub Copilot is a coding assistant driven by Artificial Intelligence. It harnesses the power of AI and machine learning to provide real-time support, making the development process smoother and more efficient.
Skills you'll gain
Simplify complex coding tasks
Streamline your workflow
Fly into the future of programming with GitHub Copilot!
Intro to GitHub Copilot course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about Intro to GitHub Copilot
GitHub Copilot is a revolutionary AI-powered coding assistant that is transforming the way developers write code. This cutting-edge tool, developed in a collaboration between GitHub and OpenAI, represents a significant leap forward in the world of software development. It seamlessly integrates into popular Integrated Development Environments (IDEs), such as Visual Studio Code, making it accessible to a wide range of developers.
Join over 50 million learners and start Intro to GitHub Copilot today!
Looking for something else?
What is GitHub Copilot?Learn about Github Copilot!
Code Interpreter with GitHub Co-Pilot in Visual Studio CodeLearn how-to use Github Copilot, the AI programmer assistant, in Visual Studio Code to seamlessly build an application.
What is GitHub?Learn how to sign up for a GitHub account and share your code
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn GitHub: IntroductionLearn how to use GitHub, a service that allows you to host and share your code.1 hour
- Free course
Learn GitHub: Best PracticesLearn how to maintain clean code, write better pull requests, and collaborate with the GitHub community.< 1 hour
- Skill path
Software Engineering for Data ScientistsData Scientists often work with engineering teams. Learn the software engineering skills you need to bridge the gap between data science andIncludes 7 CoursesWith Certificate21 hours
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,448,262 learners enrolled
- AI2,704,746 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,223,128 learners enrolled
- For Business9,755,284 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,880,841 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,791,767 learners enrolled
- Python4,536,495 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,102,481 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,903,605 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.