Intro to Language Models in Python
Build the basic language models in Python.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary4 hours
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Intro to Language Models in Python:
- Getting Started with Python for Data Science
About this course
From spam filters to ChatGPT, computer and AI systems have to work with language models all the time. In this course, you will learn how to build and work with the most common language models in data science, including bag-of-words, tf-idf, and word embeddings. Learn the basic skills you need before working with more advanced AI language models.
Skills you'll gain
Create common language models
Measure similarity between words
Determine important words in documents
Syllabus3 lessons • 3 projects • 3 quizzes
Projects in this course
Mystery FriendUse scikit-learn's bag-of-words functions and Naive Bayes classifier to figure out which of your friends sent you an anonymous postcard!
Read the News AnalysisIn this project you will use tf-idf to analyze a collection of news articles.
U.S.A. Presidential VocabularyIn this project you will use word embeddings to analyze the inaugural addresses of the United States of America presidents.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Intro to Language Models in Python today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Career path
Data Scientist: Natural Language Processing SpecialistNLP Data Scientists find meaning in language, analyze text and speech, and create chatbots. They use Python, SQL, & NLP to answer questions.Includes 31 CoursesWith Certificate100 hours
- Free course
Choosing a Programming LanguageThis course will introduce learners to factors to consider when picking a first language as well as describe some popular options.< 1 hour
Language Models in Python: Generative TextLearn how to generate and translate text using deep learning.With Certificate1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,554,617 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,813,954 learners enrolled
- Machine Learning1,022,250 learners enrolled
- AI2,722,754 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,251,925 learners enrolled
- For Business9,774,156 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,478,353 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,901,964 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,120,570 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.