Intro to LLMs
Learn how large language models (LLMs) work, how they’re used, and what their adjustable parameters do.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Large Language Models (LLMs) and text generation are at the heart of many cutting edge AI applications today. This course is a no-code introduction to LLMs, covering their history up to ChatGPT, how they generate text with neural networks, and how they can be adjusted via parameters like temperature. This course is a great starting point for exploring LLMs and generative AI more broadly.
Skills you'll gain
Understand the history of LLMs
Understand how LLMs generate new text
Analyze the impact of LLM parameters
Intro to LLMs
Introduction to Large Language Models (LLMs) and text generation.
Intro to LLMs course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about Intro to LLMs
LLMs or Large Language Models are algorithmic systems based on text data that power many well known Generative AI applications such as ChatGPT, BARD, etc.
7 Careers You Can Have In Generative AI & Machine Learning
It’s an exciting time for artificial intelligence (AI). We’re still a long way from the sentient robots you see in movies like Ex Machina and The Terminator, but with the rise of large language models and scarily-impressive programs like ChatGPT and DALL-E, the question on everyone’s mind is: Will AI replace our jobs?
Experts say: Probably not. As generative AI tools become more sophisticated, so will the ways we interact with them. If you understand the technology, there are tons of opportunities to use these tools to your advantage as a developer. (Check out our free course Intro to ChatGPT to learn how.)
Plus, surveys suggest that this advancement in AI is creating jobs — and you could have the skills you need to get hired. Companies worldwide are looking for AI and machine learning experts to help them find ways to use cutting-edge tech to improve their products and operations, and the demand is skyrocketing for many of the roles we’re about to explore.
Join over 50 million learners and start Intro to LLMs today!
Looking for something else?
LLM Data Security Best PracticesAn exploration of Large Language Model (LLM) data security best practices
Dangers of the Black BoxDeep learning models have deep implications.
Getting Started With Hugging FaceAn introduction to one of the most popular new ML education and model-building resources.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Intro to Language Models in PythonBuild the basic language models in Python.4 hours
- Free course
Computer Architecture: Assembly LanguageLearn about Assembly languages and the role they play in computer architectures.1 hour
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- AI2,715,670 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,241,029 learners enrolled
- For Business9,767,260 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,466,776 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,894,208 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,805,686 learners enrolled
- Python4,547,662 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,113,622 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,916,092 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.