Intro to OpenAI GPT API
Explore OpenAI’s GPT API and learn how to write more effective generative AI prompts that help improve your results.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary<1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
OpenAI’s API is a portal into the world of large language models, and understanding it is important when working with generative AI in your code and projects. This course will examine the API and explain how to create more reliable outputs from LLMs, effectively create input prompts to receive the desired text output, and control the output to counteract the model’s non-deterministic behavior.
Skills you'll gain
Understand what APIs are and their uses
Create reliable output from LLMs
Write effective input prompts
Intro to OpenAI GPT API course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about Intro to OpenAI GPT API
OpenAI is an artificial intelligence research laboratory that aims to develop and promote user-friendly AI. OpenAI conducts and publishes AI research, and it also develops and releases AI tools and models. Some of the notable projects and achievements of OpenAI include GPT-3, a state-of-the-art language model, and DALL-E, an AI system that generates images from textual descriptions.
Join over 50 million learners and start Intro to OpenAI GPT API today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn the Watson APIUse IBM's Personality Insights API to analyze traits shared between two Twitter users.< 1 hour
- Free course
Learn Redux: FundamentalsImplement the Redux state management into your application using core methods of the Redux API.5 hours
- Free course
Intro to SQLUse SQL to create, access, and update tables of data in a relational database.2 hours
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,433,466 learners enrolled
- AI2,695,885 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,208,440 learners enrolled
- For Business9,745,904 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,870,187 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,780,681 learners enrolled
- Python4,527,212 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,093,219 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,893,495 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.