Intro to Regularization with Python
Improve machine learning performance with regularization.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Intro to Regularization with Python:
- Machine Learning: Logistic Regression
About this course
Machine learning models need to perform well not only on their training data, but also on new data. In this course, you will learn how to use regularization to improve performance on new data. You will learn the most common techniques for regularization, how they work, and how to apply them.
Skills you'll gain
Apply ridge and lasso regularization
Understand the bias-variance tradeoff
Intro to Regularization
Learn about regularization and how to implement it in Python.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Intro to Regularization with Python today!
Looking for something else?
What is Python?What is Python, and what can it do?
Programming in Python on a ChromebookThis article will teach you how to run Python code on Chromebooks so you can do off-platform Python projects on your Chromebook.
Installing Python 3 and Python PackagesLearn how to install Python packages and download Python 3 with Anaconda and Miniconda on Mac and Windows.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Intermediate Machine LearningLevel up your machine learning skills with tuning methods, advanced models, and dimensionality reduction.Includes 5 CoursesWith Certificate8 hours
- Career path
Machine Learning/AI EngineerMachine Learning/AI Engineers build end-to-end ML applications and power many of the apps we use every day. They work in Python, Git, & ML.Includes 7 CoursesWith Certificate45 hours
- Career path
Data Scientist: Machine Learning SpecialistMachine Learning Data Scientists solve problems at scale, make predictions, find patterns, and more! They use Python, SQL, and algorithms.Includes 27 CoursesWith Professional Certification90 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,547,662 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,805,686 learners enrolled
- Machine Learning1,020,806 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,241,029 learners enrolled
- For Business9,767,260 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,466,776 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,894,208 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,113,622 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,916,092 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.